Sunday 18 March 2007

Strawberry Duck

Welcome to Goût Raffiné, my (fine) food blog :) The entries that will appear in here will obviously involve food, whether it's something I had at a restaurant or I saw on TV, an idea for a recipe, or something I (or my friends) cook.

To kick off the blog, maybe I'll share a little about an idea (albeit not entirely original). Of course, as the title of the entry suggests, I'm thinking about Strawberry Duck. Apparently duck goes well with oranges, but strawberry is a bit too much of a dessert fruit for the appetites of some of my friends. Not that I've cooked it yet, but I think it's a recipe with a lot of promise. I think the problem lies in that strawberry is such a staple in dessert recipes, and hence, when people think strawberry duck, they think "a dessert with duck?!"

Personally I'm not that much of a fan of desserts as compared to... well... most people, and maybe I'm more open to the idea of using strawberries in what is essentially a main course dish. Strawberries (and cranberries too) have quite a tart taste that I think will go well with the a relatively heavy tasting bird like duck (as compared to chicken I suppose).

What do you think? Give your thoughts on comments page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heya, great to see u have a food blog...yum yum...its sounds very sophsiticated 'gout raffine'...it'll be sth good for me to read being a fellow foodie like urself:P hmm...i dunno about strawberry duck...sounds quite adventurous...
anywaz good luck with the blog and hope there is heaps more to come!!